In efforts to reduce energy consumption during the creeping cold ahead, the Council has launched a great initiative aimed at supporting SME organisations in Tower Hamlets to become more energy efficient.
The SME Energy Improvement Grants Programme makes available grants for 50 per cent of project costs up to £5,000 for energy efficiency improvements. These projects can include things such as moving towards using more efficient equipment, heating and lighting upgrades, insulation solutions and utilising renewable technologies. The Council have pledged to support any project which can demonstrate notable energy savings!
An organisation is eligible to receive a grant if they are a Small to Medium sized Enterprise (SME) by meeting all of the following criteria:
- Have no more than 250 employees
- Annual turnover not in excess of £25m
- Not more than 25 per cent owned by an entity which does not meet the criteria
- Premises where the measures will be installed must be in Tower Hamlets
Applying for a grant
- Applications will be accepted until 8 November 2018.
- All applications will be assessed by a Grants Panel and SMEs will be notified if their application has been successful.
- Please note that projects cannot commence until the grant has been approved.
If this is something you would be interested in taking advantage of, the application form and guidance notes can be found in the links below. You can then sent this along with a copy of the quote(s) for the project to THEnergy@towerhamlets.gov.uk
If you have any questions about the programme then please use the above email address to get in touch.